- 1 What the Bible says about our enemies?
- 2 What are the three enemies?
- 3 Who is man’s enemy according to the Bible?
- 4 Who are the enemies of God according to the Bible?
- 5 What does God say about revenge?
- 6 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 7 What are the enemies of life?
- 8 How can we overcome temptation?
- 9 What are the three types of temptation?
- 10 Who is a household enemy?
- 11 What is your enemy?
- 12 How do you deal with enemies according to the Bible?
- 13 How does sin separate us from God?
- 14 What enmity means in the Bible?
What the Bible says about our enemies?
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; For example, the New International Version reads: “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”.
What are the three enemies?
- the world: to tempt God by casting himself off the pinnacle;
- the flesh: to turn stones into bread; and.
- the devil: to worship Satan.
Who is man’s enemy according to the Bible?
And a man’s foes are they of his household, those, that is, with whom he before lived as intimates.”
Who are the enemies of God according to the Bible?
Here is a brief, diverse list of things that have been named as God’s enemies: anything that tempts devotees away from God, asuras, death, demons, the devil, fierce deities, nonbelievers, “other” religions, Satan, sin, wickedness, etc.
What does God say about revenge?
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “ It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. ‘”
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
What are the enemies of life?
10 Enemies You May Have That Could Ruin Your Life
- Ignoring Important Things. If there is a leak in your roof, you can choose to ignore it.
- Fear of Failure.
How can we overcome temptation?
THE BELIEVERS RESPONSIBILITY TO OVERCOME TEMPTATION
- Be conscious of God’s provision to help you in any tempting situation.
- Take heed to Gods Word.
- Pray for the Strength.
- Forgo Self Gratification.
- Grow into Spiritual Maturity.
- Surround yourself with people of value.
- Resist the Devil.
- Run away from Dangerous Spots.
What are the three types of temptation?
Jesus was tempted three times. The temptations were hedonism (hunger/satisfaction), egoism (spectacular throw/might) and materialism (kingdoms/wealth).
Who is a household enemy?
Household enemies are enemies from our family members. The book of Mika says one’s enemies are members of his household. Biblical examples of household enemies commence from Abel and Cain. Cain killed Abel out of jealousy and envy.
What is your enemy?
An enemy is someone who hates you and you hate them back. An enemy threatens you, attacks you or tries to harm you. In some languages, there are different words for a personal enemy versus an enemy of war, political enemy or enemy of the state. Adversary, foe and opponent are the most common.
How do you deal with enemies according to the Bible?
“Be reconciled to thy brother.” ” Agree with thine adversary quickly.” “Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.” Loving our enemies and protecting ourselves are not incompatible.
How does sin separate us from God?
Separation in the Old Testament. The concept that sin separates us from God is found in the old testament, notably and usually referred to, in Isaiah 59:2: But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear .
What enmity means in the Bible?
enmity, hostility, antipathy, antagonism, animosity, rancor, animus mean deep-seated dislike or ill will. enmity suggests positive hatred which may be open or concealed.