- 1 What does the Bible say about keeping your distance?
- 2 Where in the Bible does it talk about walking away from family?
- 3 What does the Bible say about leaving a relationship?
- 4 What does God have to say about letting go?
- 5 What does Jesus say about betrayal?
- 6 What God says about relationships?
- 7 What does God say about siblings?
- 8 When should you walk away from a toxic family?
- 9 How do you honor a difficult mother?
- 10 Will God restore a broken relationship?
- 11 How do you know when a relationship is not from God?
- 12 How do you let go of a toxic person you love?
- 13 Why is letting go so hard?
- 14 What does the Bible say about letting go of hate?
- 15 How do you pray and let go?
What does the Bible say about keeping your distance?
1. Proverbs 13:12: Why Distance Hurts. “ Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life. ”
Where in the Bible does it talk about walking away from family?
In fact, the Scriptures are full of teachings instructing us to leave relationships with wicked or evil people, to be separate from them, to shun, outcast, and purge them from our midst. ( 1 Corinthians 15:33, Proverbs 13:20, Psalm 1:1, Proverbs 6:27, 1 Corinthians 5:11, 1 Corinthians 10:13 – these are just a few).
What does the Bible say about leaving a relationship?
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Letting go of any desire for revenge, to get even, or to see the other person suffer will help us heal and move forward from the misery that comes with a breakup.
What does God have to say about letting go?
Ephesians 4:31-32; “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” 6. Proverbs 4:25; ” Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. ”
What does Jesus say about betrayal?
In Matthew 26:23-25, Jesus confirms the identity of the traitor: ” The Son of Man goes, even as it is written of him, but woe to that man through whom the Son of Man is betrayed!
What God says about relationships?
“Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.” The Good News: The Bible keeps it simple: Love one another and be kind. Marriage wasn’t meant to be difficult. “Then the Lord God said, ‘ It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.
What does God say about siblings?
“Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.” ” How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! ”
When should you walk away from a toxic family?
When the relationship creates so much stress that it affects the important areas of your life at work, home or both. When your emotions are totally caught up in defending yourself and wanting to explain yourself and the chaos of your relationships with these people is all you talk about, it is time to let go.
How do you honor a difficult mother?
You can honor your mother by not speaking ill of her to other people. You can set your limits with her and continue forward with your life without being stirred up about her treatment of you. When you’ve set the appropriate distance where she can’t abuse you anymore, you will drop the anger and frustration.
Will God restore a broken relationship?
God does not give up on people, and neither should we. A famous quote does, after all, say: “ If God could restore us back to himself, he can restore any relationship back to us.” In the Gospel of Luke chapter 2 verse 13-16, we read of Jesus going up to Jerusalem for the Passover feast.
How do you know when a relationship is not from God?
Here are 7 signs God is telling you to end that relationship:
- The relationship is against God’s word.
- The person encourages you to disobey God.
- You have no control when you’re with them.
- You are being treated poorly.
- The person is more important to you than God.
- The relationship has become toxic and overbearing.
How do you let go of a toxic person you love?
How to let go of the toxic people in our lives.
- Don’t wait for an apology — it’s not coming.
- Understand that it’s okay to walk away.
- Focus on healthy relationships instead.
- Phase out contact.
- Stop making excuses.
- Let go of fantasies.
- Make your last encounter a brief one.
- Write a letter.
Why is letting go so hard?
Letting go is hard because it means that you need to free yourself from some aspects of your past. Things that have become a part of yourself – of what makes you who you are today. Most people understand this as getting rid of that ‘thing’ resulting to a change in who you are. You can find letting go to be scary.
What does the Bible say about letting go of hate?
‘ ” ” Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.” “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
How do you pray and let go?
Lord, I kneel before You in humble submission and pray that in Your mercy and kindness You would help me to simply let go of all the fears and worries, problems and doubts, guilt and disappointments that seem to be filling my heart and mind so often, during the course of a day.