- 1 How can we stay connected to Jesus?
- 2 What is a good Bible verse for addiction?
- 3 Can you be saved by faith alone?
- 4 What are 4 practical things you can do to become a saint?
- 5 Is smoking a sin in the Bible?
- 6 How do you pray for an addict?
- 7 What does the Bible say about debauchery?
- 8 What are good works of faith?
- 9 How are we justified by faith?
- 10 Is baptism part of salvation?
- 11 Can anyone become a saint?
- 12 Who was the last person to become a saint?
- 13 Can a living person be a saint?
How can we stay connected to Jesus?
5 Simple Ways to Stay Connected to Jesus in College
- 1) Choose a Local Church. The local church is where the Body of Christ gathers to hear the Word of God and respond in worship together.
- 2) Pray Every Day.
- 3) Find People to Serve.
- 4) Surround Yourself with the Right Friends.
- 5) Learn Time Management.
What is a good Bible verse for addiction?
Jeremiah 17:14. Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. This verse can be very helpful for addicts who are looking for the strength to continue working to get clean. It can be seen as a prayer for addicts.
Can you be saved by faith alone?
God’s Word says that we are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and not by our own efforts or works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Grace Alone. Our best efforts can never be good enough to earn salvation, but God declares us righteous for Christ’s sake. We receive that grace through faith alone.
What are 4 practical things you can do to become a saint?
How does someone become a saint?
- Step one: Wait five years – or don’t.
- Step two: Become a ‘servant of God’
- Step three: Show proof of a life of ‘heroic virtue’
- Step four: Verified miracles.
- Step five: Canonisation.
Is smoking a sin in the Bible?
Since smoking is an addiction, it certainly enslaves the smoker. The Bible states: ” Whoever perpetrates a sin is a slave of that sin”. Today we see how smoking holds every smoker in slavery, whether a young person, a man or a woman, youth or adult.
How do you pray for an addict?
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” A mantra, or prayer like the one above, maybe repeated daily to help reinforce positive thinking when cravings are creating distractions on your path toward recovery.
What does the Bible say about debauchery?
Some people come to find debauchery through the Bible, in a manner of speaking. In a number of modern versions the word may be found in Ephesians 5:18, as in The New International Version’s translation: “ Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.
What are good works of faith?
According to evangelical theology, good works are the consequence of salvation and not its justification. They are the sign of a sincere and grateful faith. They include actions for the Great Commission, that is, evangelism, service in the Church and charity.
How are we justified by faith?
According to Catholics and Eastern Orthodox we are justified by God’s grace which is a free gift but is received through baptism initially, through the faith that works for love in the continuous life of a Christian and through the sacrament of reconciliation if the grace of justification is lost through grave sin.
Is baptism part of salvation?
Baptism is said to be “for the remission of sins” and to “wash your sins away” (Acts 2:38; 22:16). Unless one is prepared to say that one is saved without their sins being forgiven, then they must admit that baptism is a condition of salvation. He places hearing, believing and baptism prior to being saved.
Can anyone become a saint?
Anyone can become one — but the road isn’t easy. The journey toward sainthood involves an exhaustive process that can take decades, or even centuries. The Catholic Church has thousands of saints, from the Apostles to St. Teresa of Calcutta, often known as Mother Teresa.
Who was the last person to become a saint?
Oscar Romero, a martyr for social justice and the newest Catholic saint, explained. What the slain archbishop’s canonization and sainthood mean for Pope Francis.
Can a living person be a saint?
Deceased (266 AD–302 AD)