- 1 What does the Bible say about Supreme Court?
- 2 What does the Bible say about being a witness in court?
- 3 What does the Bible say about rule of law?
- 4 What does the Bible say about disputes?
- 5 What does the Bible say about not going to court?
- 6 Do Christians go to court?
- 7 How can I be an effective witness to God?
- 8 What does it mean to be a witness of our faith?
- 9 Is the act of offering to God something that is dear or valuable to us?
- 10 What does Jesus say about keeping the law?
- 11 What is God’s law?
- 12 Do you love me keep my commandments?
- 13 What does God say about conflict in relationships?
- 14 How do churches deal with conflict?
- 15 Why is the Bible inconsistent?
What does the Bible say about Supreme Court?
” For the LORD is our judge (Supreme Court), the LORD is our lawgiver (Congress), the LORD is our king (Presidency); He will save us.” Isaiah 33:22 (parenthesis inclusions are mine).
What does the Bible say about being a witness in court?
Let all Christians not only be cautious in bearing witness in public, but be careful not to join in private slanders; and let all whose consciences accuse them of crime, without delay flee for refuge to the hope set before them in Jesus Christ.”
What does the Bible say about rule of law?
Romans 13:1-2 says: “Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.”
What does the Bible say about disputes?
Matthew chapter 18, verses 15 and 16 instructs members to settle their differences privately with each other. And, if this fails, they are to seek help in resolving the dispute. Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
What does the Bible say about not going to court?
When Is Legal Action Appropriate for a Christian? So, to be very clear, the Bible does not say a Christian can never go to court. In Romans 13, Paul taught that God had established legal authorities for the purpose of upholding justice, punishing wrongdoers, and protecting the innocent.
Do Christians go to court?
Christians may, in certain instances, use the secular court system. Even Apostle Paul cited Roman law and utilized secular courts protect his legal rights (Acts 16:37-38, 22:25-29, and 25:10-12). 2. Christians may use secular courts to resolve their legal disputes with unbelievers.
How can I be an effective witness to God?
Suggestions on How to be an Effective Witness
- You are sworn to tell the truth.
- A neat appearance and proper dress in court are important.
- Avoid distracting mannerisms.
- Don’t try to memorize what you are going to say.
- Be serious in the courtroom.
What does it mean to be a witness of our faith?
: to declare belief in (a god or religion) They gave witness to their faith.
Is the act of offering to God something that is dear or valuable to us?
Sacrifice: The act of offering to God something that is dear to us; the offering of a victim to God by a priest.
What does Jesus say about keeping the law?
In Matthew 5:17-18, Jesus says, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. So, with his coming, the law has been fulfilled and has passed away. We now live under the law of Christ, not beneath the law of Moses. Jesus interprets the law for us.
What is God’s law?
Third, are God’s moral laws. These relate to justice and judgment. They are based on God’s own holy nature. As such, these ordinates are holy, just and unchanging. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (which is in the New Testament, dealing with God’s moral law) says that the unrighteous should not inherit the kingdom of God.
Do you love me keep my commandments?
It is in John 14:15: “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” And these important verses follow: “I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Fasting, prayer, scripture study, and obedience greatly enhance our ability to hear and feel the promptings of the Spirit.
What does God say about conflict in relationships?
Romans 12:19 Allow God to work on your spouse’s heart and allow Him to fight on your behalf. Often it is our woundedness that is driving our conflict with each other. God works at the level of the heart and only He can bring about the conflict resolution and healing that many of us (and our spouses) really need.
How do churches deal with conflict?
9 principles to effectively handle conflict in the church
- CONFLICT IS A MATTER OF WHEN, NOT IF.
- CONFLICT STEMS FROM THE HEART.
- IDENTIFY THE RIGHT PROBLEM.
- TAKE THE RIGHT INFORMATION TO THE RIGHT PERSON.
- ADDRESS THE ISSUE IN A TIMELY MANNER.
- NAVIGATING CONFLICT WELL CAN LEAD TO GROWTH.
- AVOID GOSSIP AND BE HUMBLE.
Why is the Bible inconsistent?
The Bible is an unreliable authority because it contains numerous contradictions. Logically, if two statements are contradictory, at least one of them is false. The biblical contradictions therefore prove that the book has many false statements and is not infallible.