- 1 What does the Bible say about staying together?
- 2 What does the Bible say about holding onto material things?
- 3 Where in the Bible does it say that God is in control of everything?
- 4 Are all things in God?
- 5 Is it a sin to live together but not sleep together?
- 6 What are the 4 types of biblical love?
- 7 Does God want you to have nice things?
- 8 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 9 What does the Bible say about tattoos?
- 10 Does the Bible tell us that God is in control?
- 11 What does the Bible say about being a control freak?
- 12 What does the Bible say about letting go of control?
- 13 What is possible with God?
- 14 Why with God all things are possible?
- 15 Where is with God all things are possible?
What does the Bible say about staying together?
John 15:12: My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Colossians 3:14: And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Luke 6:31: Do to others as you would have them do to you. Mark 10:9: Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
What does the Bible say about holding onto material things?
The Bible teaches that trusting God involves holding very lightly to the things of this world. If we gather material things to ourselves, we will naturally have a vested interest in maintaining them. So, Jesus commanded us not to focus our lives on gaining wealth and possessions, but on serving him.
Where in the Bible does it say that God is in control of everything?
“for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.” – Psalm 22:28.
Are all things in God?
Therefore, God does not exist in all things. But contrary to this: A thing exists wherever it operates. But God operates in all things—this according to Isaiah 26:12 (“For You have wrought all our works in us, Lord”). Therefore God exists in all things.
Is it a sin to live together but not sleep together?
Living together but not sleeping together isn’t a sin in itself but opens the door for a serious sin (premarital sex) to take place and can also lead to the sin of scandal. There are many Bible verses against cohabitation that can address this same issue.
What are the 4 types of biblical love?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
Does God want you to have nice things?
If you know anything about God, you know He is a god of abundance, not lack. He loves us. He wants us to prosper and enjoy the good things He has provided for us. But we can’t let our nice stuff get in the way of serving Him well.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
What does the Bible say about tattoos?
The verse in the Bible that most Christians make reference to is Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” So, why is this verse in the Bible?
Does the Bible tell us that God is in control?
The Bible teaches that God’s sovereignty is an essential aspect of who he is, that he has supreme authority and absolute power over all things. And yes he is very much active, despite our perplexity. Scripture says, God works “all things according to the counsel of his will” (Ephesians 1:11).
What does the Bible say about being a control freak?
What Does The Bible Say About Control Issues. Accept the love of God. “ To break free from the bondage of control freakage takes a revelation of the love of God. Those who fear will have no more reason to do so, as “perfect love casts out fear” (1st John 4:18).
What does the Bible say about letting go of control?
2. Isaiah 43:18-19. At all times, we must learn to forget the past and forge ahead. If we fail to let go of the past, it is very difficult to move forward.
What is possible with God?
We read in Luke 18:27 that Jesus, referring to salvation, told those who questioned him that what is impossible for man is possible with God. What is impossible for man is made possible with God. It is He who touched all our hearts to reach out together.
Why with God all things are possible?
Matthew 19:26 says, “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. ‘” To understand what Jesus meant, we have to go back to the story of the rich young ruler.
Where is with God all things are possible?
With God, all things are possible is the motto of the U.S. state of Ohio.