- 1 How does God determine what is right and wrong?
- 2 What does the Bible say about what is right?
- 3 What is the word according to the Bible?
- 4 What does the Bible mean by righteous?
- 5 How do we sense God’s calling?
- 6 When wrong is right and right is wrong?
- 7 What does the Bible say about tattoos?
- 8 Where in the Bible does it say not to eat pork?
- 9 What God says about helping others?
- 10 What is Jesus’s word?
- 11 Who is the Holy Spirit?
- 12 What does it mean that Jesus is the word of God?
- 13 What makes a person righteous in God’s eyes?
- 14 How can we be righteous before God?
- 15 What are the qualities of a righteous person?
How does God determine what is right and wrong?
God approves of right actions because they are right and disapproves of wrong actions because they are wrong (moral theological objectivism, or objectivism). So, morality is independent of God’s will; however, since God is omniscient He knows the moral laws, and because He’s moral, He follows them.
What does the Bible say about what is right?
Jeremiah 22:3 (NIV) “This is what the LORD says: ‘Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.
What is the word according to the Bible?
” Jesus is the Word because through him all things are made,” says Jonathan, 8. Through the words of Jesus, the Earth and man were made. So, he is the Word.” When we read, “In the beginning was the Word” in John’s Gospel, we should immediately think of another Bible text that begins with the same introductory phrase.
What does the Bible mean by righteous?
1: acting in accord with divine or moral law: free from guilt or sin. 2a: morally right or justifiable a righteous decision.
How do we sense God’s calling?
How To Find God’s Calling For Your Life
- How To Find God’s Calling – Be Obedient to What He Last Told You.
- It’s God’s Calling, Not Yours.
- You Have Gifts and Talents – Use Them!
- Uncover Your Fears.
- Your Calling Is Closely Tied To What You Enjoy.
- Be tenacious in pursuing your God-given goals.
- Stay in the Word.
- 16 Comments.
When wrong is right and right is wrong?
We live at a time when men call right, wrong and wrong, right. At a time when evil is called good and good is called evil. Jesus spoke of times just like these in Matthew, chapter 24. The apostle Paul wrote of these times in II Timothy, chapter 3.
What does the Bible say about tattoos?
The verse in the Bible that most Christians make reference to is Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” So, why is this verse in the Bible?
Where in the Bible does it say not to eat pork?
In Leviticus 11:27, God forbids Moses and his followers to eat swine “because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud.” Furthermore, the prohibition goes, “Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean to you.” That message is later reinforced in Deuteronomy.
What God says about helping others?
” Generous persons will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.” The Good News: Knowing that you’ve been able to help someone is its own reward. But as this verse notes, being generous and openhearted means God will also see to it that you are rewarded.
What is Jesus’s word?
In Christology, the Logos (Greek: Λόγος, lit. ‘word, discourse, or reason’) is a name or title of Jesus Christ, seen as the pre-existent second person of the Trinity.
Who is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is referred to as the Lord and Giver of Life in the Nicene creed. He is the Creator Spirit, present before the creation of the universe and through his power everything was made in Jesus Christ, by God the Father.
What does it mean that Jesus is the word of God?
Through the words of Jesus, the Earth and man were made. So, he is the Word.” By presenting Jesus Christ as the Word through which all things were created, John is saying that God chose Jesus as his messenger/messiah to tell us about himself. Jesus is God and the revealer of God the Father.
What makes a person righteous in God’s eyes?
This righteousness “is a righteousness that we receive from God”. A human person is not righteous in God’s eyes because of his choice or commitment, his good works or his piety, his emotions or intellect. Instead, he is righteous because the Father chooses him from the foundation of the world (Eph.
How can we be righteous before God?
64:6). The only way for sinners like you and me to be righteous before God is through faith in Christ Jesus. He forgives all our sins for the sake of Jesus’ blood, shed upon the cross, and He imputes and credits to us the perfect righteousness of His Son, Jesus Christ (cf.
What are the qualities of a righteous person?
Looking at verses 1-3 we can learn 10 things about the righteous man.
- He is happy.
- He does not walk in the counsel of the wicked.
- He does not stand in the path of sinners.
- He does not sit in the seat of scoffers.
- His delight is in the law of the Lord.
- He meditates day and night in God’s law.