- 1 What does the Bible says about the flesh?
- 2 Will give to each person according to what he has done?
- 3 What are the three sins of the flesh?
- 4 What does the Bible say about mortifying the flesh?
- 5 What is born of the flesh is flesh?
- 6 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 7 Can anyone of you by worrying?
- 8 Do not give up in doing good?
- 9 What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul?
- 10 What are the 12 sins?
- 11 What are the 4 types of sins?
- 12 What does inordinate affection mean?
- 13 What does evil concupiscence mean?
- 14 What does spirit of mortification mean?
What does the Bible says about the flesh?
In the Hebrew Bible, the way of all flesh is a religious phrase that in its original sense meant death, the fate of all living things. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. (Genesis 6:13)
Will give to each person according to what he has done?
God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
What are the three sins of the flesh?
They are reflected in the Temptation of Christ in the desert:
- the world: to tempt God by casting himself off the pinnacle;
- the flesh: to turn stones into bread; and.
- the devil: to worship Satan.
What does the Bible say about mortifying the flesh?
The term “mortification of the flesh” comes from the Book of Romans in the Christian Bible: ” For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.” The same idea is seen in the following verses: “Put to death what is earthly in you: fornication,
What is born of the flesh is flesh?
 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
Can anyone of you by worrying?
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? The World English Bible translates the passage as: “Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan?
Do not give up in doing good?
6:9- “Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul?
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?” – Mark 8:36 ”
What are the 12 sins?
12 Investment Sins
- Pride: Thinking you can beat the market by picking individual stocks, selecting actively managed funds or timing the market.
- Greed: Having an overly aggressive asset allocation.
- Lust: Being addicted to financial pornography.
- Envy: Chasing performance.
- Gluttony: Failing to save.
What are the 4 types of sins?
Defined types of sin
- Original sin—Most denominations of Christianity interpret the Garden of Eden account in Genesis in terms of the fall of man.
- Venial sin.
- Mortal sin.
What does inordinate affection mean?
An inordinate affection is an unhealthy and obsessive attachment to a person or thing that manifests through uncontrollable “love”. In the King James Version, the word that is used synonymously with evil desire and lust is “inordinate affection”. The word inordinate implies excessive, unnatural without limitation.
What does evil concupiscence mean?
In Christianity, particularly in Roman Catholic and Lutheran theology, concupiscence is the tendency of humans to sin. Involuntary sexual arousal is explored in the Confessions of Augustine, wherein he used the term “concupiscence” to refer to sinful lust.
What does spirit of mortification mean?
The Roman Catholic Church has often held mortification of the flesh (literally, “putting the flesh to death”), as a worthy spiritual discipline. The purpose of mortification is to train “the soul to virtuous and holy living” (The Catholic Encyclopedia, article on Mortification).