- 1 What does the Bible say about having everything you need?
- 2 What does Jesus say about taking a life?
- 3 What does the Bible say about organizing your life?
- 4 How do I give God full control of my life?
- 5 How do you ask God for something you really want?
- 6 How do you live a life of contentment?
- 7 Can God take life away?
- 8 Are there any unforgivable sins?
- 9 What does the Bible say about revenge?
- 10 What does God say about clutter?
- 11 What does the Bible say about taking care of your home?
- 12 Why is cleanliness next to godliness?
- 13 What does the Bible say about letting go of control?
- 14 How do you pray and let go?
- 15 How do you surrender to God and let go?
What does the Bible say about having everything you need?
True contentment comes from accepting Christ, and having faith that in Him you will have everything you need. 1 Timothy 6:6-12 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
What does Jesus say about taking a life?
” Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” The Good News: Dedicating your life to Jesus ensures that he will support you in your times of need and provide salvation.
What does the Bible say about organizing your life?
The best verse in support of organization is 1 Corinthians 14:40, which tells us that all things must be done decently and in order. All this must of course be balanced with relationships. We cannot become like Martha, putting organization and preparation as an idol above our God, husbands, children, and others.
How do I give God full control of my life?
Here are some ways to relinquish that control and enrich your relationship with God.
- TALK TO HIM. God wants to spend time with you. Spend time talking to Him.
- READ THE BIBLE. When you read scripture, you get to know God.
- LISTEN TO HIM. The Lord speaks to us.
- THANK HIM. The Lord is so good.
How do you ask God for something you really want?
Ask God specifically for what you want. Tell God what you want or need and ask Him to provide that for you. Be specific about your request. Even though God knows what you want and need, He wants you to ask Him for it. God can answer vague prayers, but being specific creates a deeper bond between you and Him.
How do you live a life of contentment?
Here are a some tips for cultivating contentment in your life:
- Pause. When you find yourself unhappy with someone or something, pause.
- Stop buying stuff you don’t need.
- Show people you appreciate them.
- Practice gratitude.
- Learn to enjoy simple things that don’t cost money.
- Live in the moment.
Can God take life away?
God gives life and takes life away. Christians believe this because they believe that God is the Giver of Life (1) and are therefore accountable to Him and that only God may take life away from us (3). They also see Him as the person that chooses when we are born and when it is our time to go.
Are there any unforgivable sins?
A: There are many sins recounted in the Hebrew Bible but none are ever called unforgivable sins. In the Book of Matthew (12: 31-32), we read, “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.
What does the Bible say about revenge?
The Apostle Paul says in Romans chapter 12, “Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “ It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
What does God say about clutter?
Ephesians 4:31-32 states, ” Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice, and be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.” Dealing with clutter, physical or spiritual, is a life-long endeavor.
What does the Bible say about taking care of your home?
Then you go all the way back to 1 Timothy 5:8, I believe it is, and it says to take care of your own household first. Your first goal after the tithe is take care of your household. Then above that to support other ministries and other things with your giving.
Why is cleanliness next to godliness?
The proverb ‘cleanliness is next to godliness’ expresses the idea that those who are pure and wholesome are close to God. When the proverb was put forward, in the 17th century, cleanliness (or clenlynesse or cleanlines as it was spelled then) referred to both moral purity and to personal hygiene.
What does the Bible say about letting go of control?
2. Isaiah 43:18-19. At all times, we must learn to forget the past and forge ahead. If we fail to let go of the past, it is very difficult to move forward.
How do you pray and let go?
Lord, I kneel before You in humble submission and pray that in Your mercy and kindness You would help me to simply let go of all the fears and worries, problems and doubts, guilt and disappointments that seem to be filling my heart and mind so often, during the course of a day.
How do you surrender to God and let go?
Surrendering To God Through Prayer
- It’s the first step when it comes to how to surrender to God and let go.
- Changes our perspective.
- Shifts our focus to our Creator.
- Is a direct line to God.
- Places our plans before Him as we seek direction.
- It reminds us to rely on Him.
- It allows us to seek His will.