- 1 What is the Bible’s view of Jesus?
- 2 What would Jesus be called?
- 3 What is God like according to Jesus?
- 4 What are all the things Jesus did in the Bible?
- 5 Who is the Holy Spirit?
- 6 Where does it say Jesus is the word?
- 7 What is Jesus’s number?
- 8 How did Jesus refer to himself?
- 9 What are female gods called?
- 10 What is God’s personality?
- 11 What is the name of God in Christianity?
- 12 What are the 7 Miracles of Jesus?
- 13 Which was the first miracle of Jesus?
- 14 Does Jesus have a brother?
What is the Bible’s view of Jesus?
Most Christians generally consider Jesus to be the Christ, the long-awaited Messiah, as well as the one and only Son of God. The opening words in the Gospel of Mark (1:1), “The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God”, provide Jesus with the two distinct attributions as Christ and as the Son of God.
What would Jesus be called?
Early Christians viewed Jesus as “the Lord” and the Greek word Kyrios (κύριος) which may mean God, lord or master appears over 700 times in the New Testament, referring to him. In everyday Aramaic, Mari was a very respectful form of polite address, well above “Teacher” and similar to Rabbi.
What is God like according to Jesus?
God in Christianity is the eternal being who created and preserves all things. Christians believe God to be both transcendent (wholly independent of, and removed from, the material universe) and immanent (involved in the world).
What are all the things Jesus did in the Bible?
Gallery of miracles
- Healing the mother of Peter’s wife.
- Healing the deaf mute of Decapolis.
- Healing the blind at birth.
- Healing the Paralytic at Bethesda.
- The Blind Man of Bethsaida.
- The Blind man Bartimaeus in Jericho.
- Healing the Centurion’s servant.
- Christ healing an infirm woman.
Who is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is referred to as the Lord and Giver of Life in the Nicene creed. He is the Creator Spirit, present before the creation of the universe and through his power everything was made in Jesus Christ, by God the Father.
Where does it say Jesus is the word?
Think about this: Jesus Christ is God’s personal message of love, truth and peace to us. Memorize this truth: “ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God ” (John 1:1).
What is Jesus’s number?
In some Christian numerology, the number 888 represents Jesus, or sometimes more specifically Christ the Redeemer. This representation may be justified either through gematria, by counting the letter values of the Greek transliteration of Jesus’ name, or as an opposing value to 666, the number of the beast.
How did Jesus refer to himself?
According to the Synoptic Gospels, Jesus referred to himself as “Son of man” in three contexts, each with its own circle of fairly distinct meanings.
What are female gods called?
A goddess is a female deity. Goddesses have been linked with virtues such as beauty, love, sexuality, motherhood, creativity, and fertility (exemplified by the ancient mother goddess cult).
What is God’s personality?
Another characteristic of God is that “God is love.” (1 John 4:8, NIV) He is also gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, and abounding in love and faithfulness (Exodus 34:6). God the Father committed history’s most powerful act of love by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to live among us, die for us, and forgive us.
What is the name of God in Christianity?
Yahweh is the principal name in the Old Testament by which God reveals himself and is the most sacred, distinctive and incommunicable name of God. Thus Jehovah was obtained by adding the vowels of Adonai to the consonants of YHWH.
What are the 7 Miracles of Jesus?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
Which was the first miracle of Jesus?
The transformation of water into wine at the Marriage at Cana or Wedding at Cana is the first miracle attributed to Jesus in the Gospel of John.
Does Jesus have a brother?
Jesus’ brothers and sisters The Gospel of Mark (6:3) and the Gospel of Matthew (13:55–56) mention James, Joseph/Joses, Judas/Jude and Simon as brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary. The same verses also mention unnamed sisters of Jesus.