- 1 What is godliness according to the Bible?
- 2 What does the Bible have to say about life?
- 3 What are 3 things the Bible tells us?
- 4 What does the Bible say about life problems?
- 5 What makes a person godly?
- 6 Who is a godly man?
- 7 What does Jesus say about life?
- 8 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 9 What is Jesus most famous quote?
- 10 What does God say about the truth?
- 11 What is most important to Jesus?
- 12 What Bible says about worries?
- 13 What does the Bible say about things not going your way?
- 14 What does Psalm 35 say?
- 15 How do you trust God when life is hard?
What is godliness according to the Bible?
the quality or practice of conforming to the laws and wishes of God; devoutness and moral uprightness:To be wise is to live in godliness, reflecting the nature of the kingdom of God in the course of everyday life.
What does the Bible have to say about life?
” Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” The Good News: Dedicating your life to Jesus ensures that he will support you in your times of need and provide salvation. “This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.”
What are 3 things the Bible tells us?
Rick Warren Quotes. The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in Heaven.
What does the Bible say about life problems?
JOHN 14:1 | “ Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.” HEBREWS 2:18 | Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested. PHILIPPIANS 2:4 | Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
What makes a person godly?
A godly person is someone who is deeply religious and shows obedience to the rules of their religion.
Who is a godly man?
A Godly man is one that puts an emphasis on his own integrity. He strives to be honest and just. He works to develop a strong ethical foundation. He has an understanding of Godly behavior, and he wants to live to please God.
What does Jesus say about life?
Jesus says in Luke 17:33 (ESV) “ Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it. ” The only way to find life is to find it in God and in pursuit of Him in every season of life. According to the Bible, the meaning of life is found in believing in Jesus (John 20:31).
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
What is Jesus most famous quote?
“ You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. ‘ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. ‘ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
What does God say about the truth?
Christ Jesus said, “Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). That’s a wonderful promise that can be taken seriously, especially when you feel the need for some sort of healing – whether the difficulty is injury, illness, financial hardship, a troubled relationship, or anything else.
What is most important to Jesus?
So Jesus declares this to the young teacher and says, “The most important one is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Loving God and loving people, that’s definitely the most important.
What Bible says about worries?
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
What does the Bible say about things not going your way?
If we believe in and rely on God when things don’t go our way, we increase our faith in him and trust he is watching over us and guiding our paths as we do our best to move forward. We’re told in Proverbs to “ trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
What does Psalm 35 say?
Bible Gateway Psalm 35:: NIV. Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid. Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me.
How do you trust God when life is hard?
- 8.1 Having faith in God during hard times comes through prayer.
- 8.2 Trusting God in tough times by growing your faith.
- 8.3 Trusting God in hard times gets easier when you recall how has He blessed you in the past.
- 8.4 Put God first every day, not just during your struggles.